2016年2月2日 星期二

Luce Chapel at Tunghai University

Luce Chapel at Tunghai University

Written by Li-Chang Kuo
Luce Chapel is a landmark in Taichung city, Taiwan, and located in the Tunghai University on Ta-Du (Big Belly) Mountain. Mr. Wu Genn-Chung who was the chapel builder once said that “The house of God, every single sand must be clean…” when he followed the design to construct the chapel in 1962. An inaugural ceremony held  on Monday, 1 February (2016) for new president Dr. Mao-Jiun Wang; many alumna, alumnus and guests came from domestic and overseas together to celebrate in the chapel. The clergy read the Scripture of Ezekiel 34:24 “I, Yahweh, will be their God, and My servant David will be a prince among them. I, Yahweh, have spoken.” And continued reading to Ezekiel 34:25-26:
“I will make a covenant of peace with them and eliminate dangerous animals (beasts) in the land, so that they may live securely in the wilderness and sleep in the forest.” (Eze 34:25)
“I will make them and the area around My hill a blessing: I will send down showers in their season—showers of blessing.” (Eze 34:26)
Hoping that Tunghai University can be received the showers of blessing again from the Sovereign God.
Those persons who caring about the development of school seem figure out there’re something wrong, the cause might be in ‘dangerous animal’--in Chinese they called ‘evil beast’ (惡獸) . So that they’re touched by the Holy Spirit to select ‘Ezekiel 34:24-26’ for making prayer.
Looking back to the 1976-1978, I served in army as a Lieutenant of reserved officer, my base named ‘Cheng-Kung Ling’ (成功嶺) very close to Tunghai University; And I heard a lot of stories about internal struggle of the school. My old friend Dr. Ko-wang Mei (梅可望) was requested to take the job as a president to rescue Tunghai University. During 1978-1992, President Mei rebuilt the Tunghai University to become the top one private college of Taiwan, and his renewal story also became a good example. However, in the recent years, the controversies of Tunghai University are being continuously happened, and nobody knows the reason why the rank was behind the other colleges in Taichung? At this inauguration, someone eventually realized that there was ‘evil beast’ existed in the school. Yet they still could not be sure what is it?
Forbes Asia’ reported ‘Five Signs Taiwan Is Emerging, Not Developed’ by Ralph Jennings on 8 December, 2015; sadly, majority of the diligent people who have been working hard in the Island day by day and year by year, they can’t imagine that Taiwan became emerging country from an advanced country. Five Signs included that ‘Building Construction, Green Space, Law Enforcement, Quality of Life, Stranger-to-stranger Relations’, but author did not point out ‘CORRUPTION’. Actually, look into the cause of Taiwan’s backward that the most reason at ‘corruption’. And the entities of corruption are the ‘evil beasts’ to result the stagnation and even to the degeneration.
Thirty years ago, in 1986, I provided various resources to attain a mission goal—‘Rich Taiwan’, many relevant tools consisted of ‘Power Chip, Contactless-Tech, TranSmart Card, Toller/TRD, EPS, ESS, VAM and eStore…’ consequently researched and developed in order to form the information society of the 21st century. However, the said achievement was devoured by the ‘evil beasts’.
Due to prediction of ‘TPP will be accomplished’; therefore, I drafted a paper concerning the processes of developing the ‘Information Economy’ and projected putting into the website of ‘National Digital Library of Theses and Dissertation in Taiwan’. When I told the idea with Dr. Mei, he suggested me ‘through Tunghai University’, I thus admitted to the Institute of Social Sciences, and received an invitation to participate a welcome party. A jackal of corrupt group in the Luce Chapel very viciously shouting: “This is my place, I don’t allow you come in!” I wondered that Tunghai University was invested in 1955 by U.B. (United Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia) in New York, U.S.A., and the Luce Chapel was built by the same fund of U.B. for proclaiming the love of Jesus Christ. How could it become the jackal’s property?
Soon later, my last nest was destroyed by the entities of corruption. I must give up my house to rent an apartment. A certain day, the jackal entered my community and ran rapidly into one of inner rooms as he saw me. My neighbor told me, “That guy is living in #9M with a girl who served in the Tunghai University; it’s said that the guy is a pastor and that girl is his subordinate.” Suddenly, the Scripture came up my mind; Jesus reiterated the commandment to a rich young ruler: “Do not murder; do not commit adultery; do not steal; do not bear false witness; honor your father and your mother and love your neighbor as yourself.” (Matthew 19:18-19) The jackal certainly is one of evil beasts for he has violated all the teachings, and his impurity of spirit and flesh contaminated the land.
For the sake of my old friend Dr. Mei restored the Spirit of Jesus Christ at Tunghai University, so I instructed my son studying at Tunghai University in 1999 (my son originally planned to study in the National Chi Nan University). Recently, when I managing the moving items, I found a manuscript of 2002, my son wrote “everyday, I’m living in the shadow of death…” The jackal was using my son’s religion and setting up the plot to my family since 2002, therefore snares surround us, and sudden dread terrified my wife and my son. Those attacks were continuous until today. Those evil beasts ate all the things and turned the blessing into plague upon the land. If we do not clean from every impurity of spirit and flesh, purify our holy temple, how can we renew our Taiwan, how can Dr. Wang renew Tunghai University? Fortunately, people finally started alerting those evildoers, and I believe that ‘In God we will peace’ and the Most High will eliminate dangerous animals (beasts) in the land just like the Scripture (Eze 34:25) says.